Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring

While it's officially spring, I'm not sure the weather knows that. We have been having warm and cold weather for the past month or so. Last week was so encouraging for nice spring weather, and then last night the wind really kicked up again. It's trying to rain right now and it may even snow tomorrow. Oh, well, we knew that was how spring was in Utah when we returned. At least the birds are coming back. Even with snow still on the ground and ice on the water, a gray heron put in an early appearance a few weeks ago. Then just recently, a white crane reappeared. The following two pictures were taken from my bedroom window. (The thistles are on the slope going down to the walking path just below our backyard.)
This following picture is mostly for Adam and Kasey. There are all kinds of things (in addition to Key Lime Pie) that are made from the small, tart key limes. One of our favorites when we lived there was this key lime soda. Last week I was picking up some case lot sale items at Macey's, and when I went down the soda aisle, this jumped into my cart. I surprised Brent by bringing it home. Our Key West friends can get it all the time, and those of you who have never had it don't even know what you are missing!
Of course, one of my favorite things right now is our 2-week-old Jett. This picture is a week old, but I still think it's adorable. I can hardly wait for him to come spend the first weekend in April with us! Sam has a National Guard weekend scheduled then just a few miles from here, so Rachel and Jett are coming up here, too.







1 comment:

Julie AK24 said...

Tell Rachel Congrates from me, what branch is her husband in. bryan also has drill weekend in the frist weekend of april. I will try to keep it up dated. thanks for always being a kind friend.