Thursday, September 2, 2010

Good-Bye Dad, Grampa, Great-Grampa


I know I've been very lax in my blogging, and this one won't be a long one or full of pictures. I just wanted to let family and friends know that my father, Waide Hamner, passed away last night. He was 81-years-old, and had survived much during his lifetime -- polio, tuberculosis, and several forms of cancer. The last few years he has been battling post-polio syndrome, another cancer, and Alzheimer's. The Lord, in his mercy, has called him home, and he no longer has to suffer physically. We all agree that it is a blessing, but he will be so greatly missed. Brent, Rachel, Jett, and I got to spend some time with him a couple of weeks ago. He wanted to hold "the little guy" and the picture is of him holding Jett on August 17th. Good-bye, Dad; I love you.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope all is well with your family. May Heavenly Father watch over you always.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear of your loss and know that he is not suffering. Glad you got to be with him recently. Is there a service in Couer d'lene? Anything we can do to help? Love, Joy